MACH Engineering offers a variety of tower packings and column internals. With MACH’s random packing, capacity increases can be achieved without sacrificing efficiency at competitive prices. To provide the most efficient packing, we design our products around a set of interrelated performance goals. Our process engineers can help you optimize performance in new or existing towers by assisting in the selection of the most efficient scrubber packing media and internals for your specific application.
With a history of designing and engineering tower packing media, MACH Engineering is a longstanding partner to demanding clients across the country. Random tower packing is one of our largest product verticals, and we offer an extensive selection of custom and semi-custom products.
Plastic Packing Media
Mach Mini Rings
MACH Hiflow Ring
Plastic Super Saddles
Plastic Structured Packing
Metal Packing Media
MACH Structured Packing
Knitted Wire Structured Packing
Metal Pall Rings
MACH Super Ring
Metal Saddles (IMTP®)
Ceramic Packing Media
Ceramic Raschig Rings
Wastewater Packing Media
MACH Cascade Bio-Media
Types of Random Tower Packing We Offer at MACH Engineering
When selecting a tower packing solution, you can choose between random and structured packing. Each type differs significantly by how contact occurs between the fluids. In addition, each tower packing type offers its own unique set of benefits for specific applications.
Random packing uses unevenly distributed and oriented components to maximize mass transfer and increase the surface area between two fluids. The various shapes determine the wetting area, uniformity of distribution, total surface area and other critical properties.
Our tower packing products support a wide range of industrial processes and applications. Options include:
- Tri-Packs®: One of our most popular products, Tri-Packs are a high-performance random packing material suitable for use in scrubber, degasifier and stripper applications.
- MACH Mini Rings: Cylindrical MACH Mini Rings have linear internal braces and a low height-to-diameter ratio, ensuring even flow and better gas/liquid contact.
- Plastic Pall Rings: Plastic Pall Rings have been a mainstay in tower packing for more than 40 years. We offer our products — an improvement on the original Raschig ring design — in a variety of polymers and sizes to support different applications.
- Metal Pall Rings: Metal Pall Rings provide improved corrosion resistance and better performance in high-temperature applications. Various stainless steel, carbon steel and aluminum options are available.
- Ceramic Pall Rings: Ceramic Pall Rings are thicker than their plastic counterparts and offer better absorbing efficiency.
- Maspac: Maspac is a high-performance packing with a unique shape engineered to reduce pressure drops when handling very high liquid and gas flows. Our product preserves this original design, enabling excellent gas-liquid contact efficiency with minimal blower requirements.
- Ceramic super saddles: Similar to competitors’ products but with a wider surface area, our ceramic saddle tower packing media improves mass transfer and efficiency while still offering a low price point. MACH also offers plastic saddle packing.
- VSP®: VSP, or Arch Ring, is a type of random tower packing with a spherical shape and good surface-area-to-void-space ratio. It can provide efficient liquid-gas mixing with no risk of nesting.
- Interpack®: Interpack metal conjugate rings combine the performance characteristics of spherical and cylindrical tower packing media. Use them in towers with higher bed heights that would be subject to deformation and pressure drop with other media.
- Metal saddle rings: Our metal saddle rings offer similar performance in high-capacity applications to comparable competitor alternatives.
- MACH Hi-Rings: Our Hi-Rings are widely used in chemical, oil and gas, alkali chloride and environment applications. They offer low specific gravity, large void space and high mechanical strength.
- MACH Super Rings: Our version of the Super-Ring, MACH Super Rings feature an open design with many contact points to promote homogenous gas and liquid distribution. Use them in a wide range of mass transfer and heat transfer applications.
While random packing uses smaller, unevenly distributed components to assist in the separation process, structured packing uses larger, fixed materials. These structured elements guide the liquids through pre-designed structural channels into a specific shape without causing resistance that affects flow.
Examples of the types of structured packing we offer include:
- MACH Corrugated structured packing: Corrugated structured packing consists of specially designed metal sheets that promote gas-liquid contact. Our corrugated packing is ideal for separations with a large number of theoretical stages or a wide operating range.
- Knitted wire structured packing: Our knitted wire structured packing has minimal HETP requirements that enable lower tower heights while still delivering high separation efficiency and lower pressure drop.
Wastwater Packing Media
Bio-media from MACH Engineering increases the capacity of a system’s trickling filters by contacting the wastewater directly. Because the media is resistant to clogging, the water requires minimal recirculation.
The light weight of our wastewater media makes it fast and easy to install. In addition, bio-ring media promotes the growth of good bacteria that can help decompose organic content.
Media we offer that’s beneficial to wastewater applications include:
- MACH Bio-Media: Our Bio-Media are made of recycled polypropylene and enhance the efficiency of the water treatment process.
- MACH Cascade Bio-Media: These Bio-Media are excellent for partial and total trickline filter processes for wastewater treatment.
Advantages of Partnering With MACH Engineering for Random and Structured Packing Media
MACH Engineering has become an industry leader by designing high-performance air and water emission control vessels, wastewater treatment solutions and odor control systems. We partner with clients across a broad industry range to deliver the most innovative products, from petrochemical and pharmaceutical companies to refineries and food processing facilities. Our exceptional product expertise, top-class customer service and fast turnaround times set us apart from competitors offering similar services.
Companies that partner with us enjoy benefits like:
- Superior technical expertise: With decades of combined experience in tower engineering and mass transfer technology, our experts can design the most efficient solutions to meet your application’s needs.
- Cost efficiency: Besides offering the market’s highest-quality solutions, our products are affordable and provide a fast return on your investment.
- Excellent quality: Our process engineering department thoroughly tests each product baxsed on strict calculations and field simulations. We also offer quality certificates for the materials we use in manufacturing.
- Individualized attention: MACH Engineering is small enough to provide clients with the individual attention they deserve while being large enough to offer the industry’s most advanced and practical solutions.