Metal saddle rings are a type of random tower packing suitable for high-capacity and high-performance applications.
MACH saddle rings offer excellent performance at an accessible price point along with guaranteed material quality. We have a wide range of metal saddle ring packing options in various sizes and configurations. We can also design a custom product for specialized applications. Our metal saddle rings are comparable to IMTP® and RMSR®.
To request a quote or obtain more information about any of our tower packing products, contact the MACH Engineering head office and speak with a representative directly.
The first metal saddle ring was designed in the 1970s. MACH Engineering’s product takes this basic design and updates it to deliver improved performance and long-term value. While comparable to IMTP®, our product has a unique external geometry with a variety of fingers, arches and other features that prevent entangling and provide a large surface area to promote gas/liquid contact.
Metal saddle rings offer several benefits over other tower packing products, including:
- Lower pressure drop: Metal saddle packing provides lower pressure drops, which in turn reduces foaming and energy consumption.
- Higher efficiency: By providing higher efficiency over a wide flow range, metal saddle rings deliver enhanced performance that permits smaller column diameters for designing new systems.
- Better mechanical strength: A variety of material options lets you configure your purchase for optimal strength-to-weight ratio — select products are suitable for use in packed beds up to 50 feet deep.
- Minimal drag and hold-up: Random geometries and an improved surface area promote improved interfacial gas-liquid contact with minimal hold-up.
Materials and Sizes
MACH Engineering designs metal saddle rings from the following materials:
- 304 stainless steel
- 304L stainless steel
- 316 stainless steel
- 316L stainless steel
- Carbon steel
316 stainless steel has better corrosion resistance than 304. 304L and 316L are low-carbon stainless steel variants.
We offer our products in 1-, 1.5-, 2- and 3-inch sizes, which have a void fraction between 97 and 99 percent and geometric surface areas ranging from 68 to 18 ft2/ft3.
For detailed specifications and more information about our design and engineering capabilities, reach out to one of our experienced representatives. Our metal saddle packing specification sheet is also available online.
Matching the right tower packing product to each application is an important goal at MACH Engineering. We design and sell a wide range of options to meet the needs of clients in different industries. Potential uses of our metal saddle rings include:
- Sour water stripping
- Acid gas removal
- Atmospheric and high-pressure distillation
- Methane and ethane removal
Contact MACH Engineering for Assistance
At MACH Engineering, our team of tower packing experts works closely with each client to determine the best material for their project. Whether you’re designing a new system or retrofitting an old one, we’ll help you find solutions that are effective, reliable and economical.
The first step is to get in touch and request a consultation with our team. Use the form on our contact page to reach out to one of our representatives and get started.