MACH Engineering plastic Mini Rings are a type of random tower packing suitable for use in absorption, stripping and environmental applications. We base our design on the Koch-Glitsch Cascade Mini Ring (CMR) — a versatile product first introduced in 1971 and still commonly used today. Multiple sizes and material options expand the potential applications, making them suitable for use in high-temperature or high-capacity environments.
MACH Engineering Mini Ring packing offers the quality you can trust at an affordable price point. We are proud to partner with clients in a range of industries and offer engineered solutions based on extensive expertise.
About Mini Rings
Mini Rings are small cylinders with a series of internal braces. MACH Mini Ring packing features a low aspect ratio, where the cylinder’s diameter is approximately three times the height. This low profile ensures a more even flow and better gas and liquid contact. Also, the smaller design offers excellent structural integrity, reducing the risk of deformation in high-capacity towers.
When installed in a tower, MACH Mini Rings naturally orient themselves evenly, maximizing contact between the rings’ inner and outer surfaces and improving overall packing efficiency.
MACH Mini Rings’ unique design offers multiple benefits:
- Reduced pressure drop, as the packing orientation promotes uniform flow through the bed
- Support for smaller diameter towers and blowers, saving space while ensuring reliable performance in high-volume applications
- Better protection against fouling, as improved flow allows solids to pass through the packing bed
- Excellent mechanical strength, allowing for use in deep beds with little risk of deformation
- Corrosion and chemical resistance, with a range of available materials offering options for many different applications
- Low overall cost and high reliability
Options and Configurations
MACH Engineering manufactures Mini Ring packing in five nominal sizes: 5/8″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″ and 3 1/2″. Larger diameter rings offer a larger percentage void fraction and smaller geometric surface area.
We work with the following materials:
- PP (polypropylene)
- PE (polyethylene)
- PVC (polyvinyl chloride)
- CPVC (Corzan®)
- PVDF (Kynar®)
- PFA (Teflon®)
Different plastics have different material capabilities — some, like PP and PE, are less dense and better suited for low-temperature applications. Others, like PVDF, are more appropriate for high temperatures. For help choosing the best material for your application, contact MACH Engineering and speak with one of our engineers directly.
Applications and Industries
Use this MACH Engineering packing in any application where you would use Cascade Mini Ring, C-Ring or Raschig’s Low-Profile Rings including:
- Methanol and organic acid separation
- Desulfurization and decarbonization
- Gas dehydration, and methane and carbon dioxide removal
- Carbon dioxide degassing and vacuum distillation
- General absorption, extraction, scrubbing, stripping and heat transfer
Request a Quote From MACH Engineering
MACH Mini Rings are one of many tower packing products we offer our customers. If it’s not the right choice for your application, we’d be happy to recommend something more suitable.
One of the main benefits of working with us is that we know this sector better than anyone — we are a small company that is focused on tower packing, tower internals and related products. Add to that the guaranteed material quality of our products and it’s easy to see why we’re the choice of businesses across the country.
Contact our head office to request a quote for Mini Ring tower packing for your facility.